Saturday, June 18, 2011

Story Post; Lick your lips.

Six months at my first real job. I'm not a bagger anymore, but a cashier. I'm feeling pretty damn good about myself. Self sufficiency is the name of the game. Nothing says I'm an adult like going to work, and college. fancy that.

Inner monologue is amazing in the last few hours of the day, because that's when you just wanna jump off of something high. Any distraction will do. 5pm to 2am always paves the way for a long and exhausting evening, no matter where you work. Safeway is no different, but I bet it is still worse than others.
This particular evening was shaping up to be like all the others. I wasn't looking forward to all the drunks coming in to get more booze, or the homeless people using their money, aka occasional toilet paper to pay with. Grin and bear it. Make money. Buy cute shit. Inner monologue, what would I do without you?

12:30am rolls around. Last break just wraps up, and I'm back on register 4. The computer makes a loud hum, and the enter key on the keyboard is missing. Whatever. Next customer. This woman walks up, and stares at me. Her boyfriend, still talking to her about something that happened that evening pauses to see what she's looking at.

She leans in, and says with such wonder and awe, "Look at them...look at her lips!" As her mouth opens and she exhales, I can smell the bitter sweet smell of booze as her wet tongue moves up to sloppily run along her own lips. "You have amazing lips." She says again, not fair enough away from me.

Creep Factor: REAL CREEPY.

(I actually have a special kind of lip shape known as cupid's bow. Fascinating, I know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment